Shyamal is a Capital Markets domain expert and an active technology innovator at Wall Street firms and Start-ups. He is the Chair of Advisory at Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA) and a member of the NPower Advisory Council. He was a Partner and Global Financial Services Consulting CTO at CSC, where he was instrumental in growing the business, providing leading-edge strategies and solutions to top international capital markets firms. Prior roles also include senior technology leadership positions at Merrill Lynch, where he developed and led major global infrastructure, business applications and enterprise systems initiatives.
Shyamal’s areas of expertise include Wealth Management, Payments, Market Data, Equity Trading, Treasury and Settlement Systems. He has extensive experience in Cloud Enablement and Workload Migration, Application Modernization and Technology Infrastructure Reengineering.
Selected noteworthy accomplishments:
IT Strategy & Enterprise Architecture
- Designed and promoted multi-year enterprise-wide technology convergence initiatives for Merrill Lynch
- Mapped the target operating model for Stock Plans during the merger of two large firms
- Created component architecture models for reusable services for Wealth Management
- Developed roadmap for applications consolidation / cloud-enablement of Investment Systems
- Analyzed implementation requirement and trading risk management for low-latency Market Data
- Designed the implementation architecture for critical middleware replacement in Corporate Banking
- Analyzed the impact of Basel III requirements on Treasury and Liquidity Management.
- Developed the usability and technology architecture for a new portal for Private Banking
- Designed the data flows, workflows and reporting architecture for FATCA requirements.
- Created comprehensive impact analysis and plans for retirement of firm-wide legacy applications
- Conducted workshops with business and technology leaders to design organizational and process changes
- Created roadmap for a large-scale infrastructure virtualization project in Wealth Management
- Assessed the consolidation of ERP tools (Oracle and SAP) during a company acquisition
Infrastructure Optimization & Cloud
- Created and implemented frameworks for vendor management and strategic outsourcing
- Consolidated technologies for branch office networks and data centers for Banking and Investments
- Created best practices for the resiliency of data center resources in Banking
- Implemented end-to-end quality management process for critical production areas
- Assessed the existing infrastructure at an insurance agency and make recommendation to optimize and transform operations
Shyamal has a Bachelors degree in Physics and Masters in Electrical Engineering. He is an active mentor, speaker, musician and writer. He lives with his wife in Princeton, New Jersey.